Monday, January 16, 2012

"The Story"

As most of you know, the boyf (boy+wife) proposed on New Years Eve.

After 7.5 years (minus a semester long sabbatical) we were both interested in finalizing this thing. Even though we were headed down the same path, neither of us were in any hurry to justify our relationship in the eyes of the law. We liked each other. We are best friends.

I told him that whenever "it" happened, I wanted loved ones around and I wanted it to be a complete surprise. Needless to say, he nailed it.

We were up in Winter Park, Colorado with some of our closest law school buddies. It was a regular New Years Eve night so we were on our way to getting completely shitcanned.

A friend stole my camera and began taking pictures of our friends. I started yelling at him for stealing my incrimination device. How would I take pictures of people puking on themselves with no camera?

Ryan grabbed my hand and led me to the center of the room. He got down on one knee and opened his mouth... preparing to talk.

I thought to myself, "Oh. Em. Gee. It's happening." Instead of letting him speak, I chose the only logical step for a half-drunk theater kid: Run around the room and scream-cry until everyone's ears were bleeding. Obviously.



I took the ring out of his hands and continued to scream-cry-snot-choke all over myself. It was likely the least attractive thing I've ever done. Want to know how pretty I looked?

Excited Tipsy Snot Drool Girl


We celebrated with some of our closest friends, champagne, and lots o' noise makers.

I wouldn't have changed a thing.


P.S. Obligatory, and requested, ring pic aka Bling.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAH!!! Poor Ryan probably had a speech all prepared that he didn't even have to use. I think the second picture should go down as second least attractive photo of Dea in history. The first being the one of you Paul and Daniel at one of the many parties we had at my old house.

    BUT YAYAYAYAY!!!! I was so happy for you guys when I heard about this!!

    ReplyDelete