Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Office Orchestra

The "music" that ripples through my brain while I sit at my desk could pluck the spines off a porcupine.

The fax machine slowly spits out paper after paper of boring information.
I can faintly hear the back printer printing up a storm, copy after copy of something that will most likely end up in recycling. That thing tears through reams of paper like it will get a prize for all its hard work.
The front printer beside me just wound itself up but didn't print anything. I wonder if that thing does it only for the attention.

I hear David talking in the distance about some useless sports team and the achievements over the past three years. The attorney he is talking to hasn't said much so I am assuming David is bothering the living shit out of him.

Steve likes to squeak his his chair slowly when he is reading. It reassembles nails on a chalk board .
It's almost as annoying as the sound of Nate's shoes.

Every 5-10 seconds I hear the annoying "ding" that signifies a new email has plopped into my inbox. Something that isn't for me to read, but for me to copy and distribute usually.

In other news, I just ate the best microwavable meal ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment