Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cut it out.

This will be a very short blog, but I have been meaning to post it for quite sometime.

The following includes a list of things that are unacceptable for a classroom setting. Some people find this very hard to grasp, so I have complied a "No-No" list for the severely confused.

1. The "horn/elephant/face explosion nose blow." I understand that it is "sick season". Keeping a double ply roll of toilet paper in your back pack is completely understandable. Blowing your nose as if you are trying to imitate a rocket launcher exploding gak is completely ridiculous and distracting. Stop it.
'
2. The "I am going to talk for 423 years about a question that doesn't matter and makes the prof. want to vomit." It is great that you want to impress your professor. More power to you. I can guarantee that talking to them about the historical implications of the first pleading ever written will make them want to die (also known as zero bonus points) Cut it out. (This also includes an "tangent is an acceptable thing to talk about for 30 minutes.")

3. The "my phone is vibrating louder than Jenna Jameson's butt plug but I some how can't hear it." If I can hear your phone 7 seats away, you must be deaf and/or retarded. Turn your shit to silent.

4. The "apparently I learned to whisper from a child at a funeral". Everyone in class has something to whisper to their neighbor. The key word is whisper. If you sound like you are trying to chat to someone in a crowded bar, that is NOT a whisper. Shut up.

5. The "I'll brown-nose my way to the top" method. Your professor thinks you suck. Quit it.

Just keep these 5 tips in mind the next time you are in class. Do your fellow classmates a favor. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sooo... Law school is going well I take it...

    Thanks for putting the image of Jenna Jameson's butt plug in my mind. I can never unread that.

    And do you mind if I steal "rocket launcher exploding gak"?

    Loved this, btw. Pretty sure it could be generalized to many college/university experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD. VIBRATING PHONE DURING TESTS. I HATE THAT SHIT SO BAD ONE DAY I WILL LAUNCH MYSELF AT THAT DOUCHE BAG IN THE MIDDLE OF A TEST AND RIP THEIR FACE OFF.

    ReplyDelete