Saturday, August 1, 2009

1 Week

One Week until I am driving up to Colorado to start the life of a Law School Student.

I am getting EXTREMELY excited about the move. I am feeling quite ready to get away from the various things in New Mexico that have been causing me stress recently.

Packing is starting to be an adventure where I can count down the days until I am headed up to the new exciting life that is waiting for me. I see a healthier, more responsible, more organized me that is just ready to burst out as soon as I pass the state line.

Of course, along with all the excitement lies the sadness for leaving the small part of New Mexico that I still appreciate. I will have to make some new friends, deal with the ridiculous amounts of snow, and get used to a "small town" environment again. Not to mention the fact that this will be the first time I will be away from my Mom.

I will miss all of my friends and the random shenanigans we would conjure up. Wine nights, park play dates, Latter Day Saint parodies like Orgazmo, forts, board games and so on and so forth.

The original Team Awesome crew are some of the best friends I could have ever asked for and even though we don't hang out in one large mass for 23 out of the 24 hours in a day, I still feel that connection and friendship.

Luckily with the power of email, facebook, snail mail and texting I will keep in touch the best that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment