Thursday, July 2, 2009

Update (Correction)

So I find it slightly hilarious that I happened to write that blog yesterday. Apparently I was one day early.

Last night after work I got in my car, drove home, and had sob-a-thon status break down. I endured a complete freak out about moving. I guess when talking to a close friend, I used the term "phased out" in describing my friendship. I am sure I was over reacting.

(Luckily Michael came over and cheered me up)

I just think it is unfortunate that I am working so much. And on top of that, every time any group of my friends get together, I am playing the slave-labor game.

I guess it is just a taste of the future. If I miss people as much as I do while I am in New Mexico, I am sure it will get worse when I move to Colorado.

2 comments:

  1. Hi lovely!
    I know that it's hard to say goodbye to the things you are used to, but I have a feeling you'll adapt well. It's scary and hard to leave. I felt that when I went to CLOC (which is just a small taste of what you will experience, but it's kind of the same). But you'll be so busy and wrapped up in your new life that things will just feel normal. It's hard when you don't get too see your friends and hang out, but I feel that we've all been in that place at some time. It's not that we get "phased out," it's just that people want to hang out, and the people who aren't busy will do so. We can't expect them to stop. And although we want to down inside, we know we can't expect it to happen. It's tough. But that's how it works. But I think that things will get easier when you get there. You're following your dreams, and I know as well as everyone else that you'll succeed. You're lucky that you have Ryan to go with you, so a big piece of home goes with you and will make things easier.
    I love you Dea, and I miss you. I know things will get better for you.
    If you need to talk, you have my number!
    Gilbert

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just saw this ... we'll miss you, and you'll miss us, but friendships don't just end. Not the good ones anyway! Don't let your sob-athon get in the way of enjoying the time you're here, please. Yep. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete