Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Decisions Decisions.

I got in to Colorado University's Law School!

I really didn't expect to get in to that school, and now that I have been accepted I don't know what to do. CU has an EXCELLENT law school with lots of great possibilities, but am I ready to move away from Albuquerque?

It is difficult to imagine moving to a city where I will know nobody. I am a social person who really love to spend time with my friends and family and thought of having to build from the ground up in a new city (in a new STATE) terrifies me.

Not to mention that CU's tuition is imaginable in comparison to UNM's law school, Colorado's cost of living is much more expensive, and it has a shit ton more snow. Ew.

I have no idea what to do. I don't want to be the decider anymore.

4 comments:

  1. so i'll be the decider....GO!

    it won't take you long to make friends, because you are so social...it will be an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly once you get into a new state and a new school it is not hard to make friends. In fact I still feel like I have more friends in STL than I do in NM and I've been here all my life. It'll Be worth it. The biggest thing you need to know is layer your clothes. It gets fucking cold up in those parts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, did you really expect anything else? But hear me out. It's absolutely true that you'll make friends quickly and it is because you are such a social person. You'll have plenty of places to make friends like school, work, whatever. Plus, it's a chance to start fresh. Not saying you're not happy with your life as it is, but in some ways it's really nice to be around all new people who don't know you at all. A fresh start can be very good.
    On the other hand, I totally get the cost of living thing. Rent would for sure be more than it is in Abq. But . . . gas is cheaper and groceries are pretty much the same. As far as rent, have you thought about a town other than Boulder? There's tons of little towns out here and Boulder is without a doubt the most expensive place to live. Longmont is only fifteen minutes away and there's some apartment buildings that I think are pretty cheap. I haven't looked into them but I know a lot of people in church live there and you know how the mormons love cheap living!
    Anyway, of course you know I would love to have you out here so I'm just trying to make the decision easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GO!!!!
    You are an awesome person and everybody will LOVE you!
    It's only a 6 hour drive to Denver... well...Paul and I do it is 6...
    And it's not like you are moving across the country. Your friends will always be there for you.
    I can't imagine my life without you.
    You will find a way to live within your means and you will be okay.
    GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete