Sunday, March 14, 2010

PostSecret

Every Sunday I head to Post Secret to check out the new stories and confessions. Sometimes the chosen few toss me in to a laughing fit; Incriminating photos of a boss, mindless confessions of stealing things out of the office fridge, cheating on a paper, etc. Other times the confessions tug at my heart strings. Whether it is complete empathy for an unfamiliar, yet unfortunate situation or actual sympathy for being in the same situation myself.

Either way, I would consider what secrets I had, but never actually thought of sending them in. This weekend I sent three postcards. Three separate unrelated secrets. On a short trip to Denver, I told a close friend of mine that I sent them in. I quickly realized that by saying that, there would be interest in what those secrets were.

The first one he guessed. I guess it isn't much of a secret, but it isn't something I would boast about. It's not that I try to hide it, I just never make it known.

The second is entirely "guessable", but because of certain elements that surround it, it wasn't guessed. It's a three-parter. The first element is assumed, the second everyone already knows, and the third is unthinkable. I can't really explain it myself, which is why it is floating through the US Postal service to a mailbox in Maryland.

The last is completely and utterly unguessable. I won't say it, and I won't hint at it. I'll let it live inside me until I croak.

This lengthy, vaguebook of a blog is for two reasons:
One- I like having secrets. People say "I don't have secrets." or "I'm an open book." but that couldn't possibly be true. Everyone has a secret.
Two- Although I love having secrets, I almost spilled the beans on the second secret. I wanted to, but didn't (or couldn't). It would essentially void the whole purpose of the secret. And I know that even if it ever so sneakily did slip out, it wouldn't be repeated again. If it did pop out, it would be to that friend.

Now that I have pulled you through this blog (giving nearly zero percent of real information), I leave you with advice.

Send one. Send a secret. It feel so, so, soooooooooooo good.

Send it anonymously to:
Post Secret
13345 Copper Ridge Rd
Germantown, Maryland 20874

No comments:

Post a Comment