Friday, November 13, 2009

Climbing & Dance

I am certifiably insane.

I really needed to find something that would help bring me back to being a regular person. The amount of stress I have been enduring recently has made me fat, tired and useless. Besides the fact that I need about 9 treatments of liposuction, I am trying to handle the situation the best way I can without letting school work suffer or deleting my personal life.

I have discovered two activities to hopefully solve all of my problems. Lose weight, decrease stress, and just letting my mind NOT think about law school for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Oh dance, I have missed you so.

I have been going to hip hop, african and jazz at the Streetside Dance studio and LOVING it. It seems like it has been forever since I have taken dance classes, but luckily I found a fellow law student that is appreciating the release the dance often brings.

More importantly, I have discovered a love for top-rope climbing and bouldering. The pain in my fingers, arms, back and legs seems to provide a full body workout while remaining oh so fun.

I have been going here and yes I climbed up that huge mutha truckin wall:



I will be getting my own harness and climbing shoes sometime next week.

I really needed an active outlet. It seems like the past weeks have been pretty monotonous.

Homework, class, study, class, homework, read, read, read, class, homework, study, get trashed Friday night, repeat.

Hopefully my new activities will keep me out of the nut house and in to my old jeans.

Here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment